Janelle Monae Hair + Music

Tuesday, June 1, 2010



Janelle Monae's The ArchAndroid is in stores now and more importantly on itunes as we speak.  Honestly, pre tightrope Janelle Monae wasn't even on my radar... I know, I know blame it on the radio.  I just happened to have the TV on Vh1 Soul while I was cleaning my place and heard something funky, new, fresh, and super catchy.  I ran to the TV and was captivated by the James Brown-esq funky footwork of some super cute brown skinned girl with a cool natural hairdo.  The song stayed embedded in my brain and I had to find out who was this Janelle Monae.  Let me just say her style is so different and unique it's a breathe of fresh air between the Drake, Nicki Minaj, and Trey Songz takeover that's attacking my eardrums with every turn I take.     


Tip Tip Tip on the tightrope! 

Janelle Monae Presents

Her signature hairstyle, a french roll combined with a Pompadour on top fits her style just right!  I love it!  I'm positive I couldn't rock this style, but I must say it's unique and cute! 

Chloe LA Boutique Opening Party