Back to School Hair Must Haves

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Currently, the term "Back to School" means absolutely nothing to me.  I've completed what needs to be completed for now and I've settled into my regular 9 to 5, which is in my case more like a 7 to 7 but anyway who's being picky?  But even though I'm done with my school days for now, that doesn't mean I don't remember heading back to college like it was yesterday.  I wish I knew then what I know now in terms of hair care!  If I could turn back the hands of time these are my top 5 items that would have to be going back to campus with me.

Hair Therapy Wrap Cordless Thermal Turban Heat Wrap 1 piece Hair Therapy Wrap 1 piece
1. Heat Therapy Wrap 
I've praised this Heat Therapy Wrap so many times here on The Anti Hair Slave because it's cordless and easy to use.  All you have to do is heat it up in the microwave and put it on your hair to give yourself an awesome deep condition.  It works like a charm every time, I even use it to do "warm" oil treatments with coconut oil.  
Miss KEY 10 En 1 Super Conditioner 28oz Jar
2. Miss Keys 10 en 1 Deep conditioner 
The above link is for the giant 28oz. jar because once you're away at college will you really be able to get your hands on more?  I remember when I ran out of my staple conditioner, I vowed never to let it happen again!  This is one of the first conditioners I used when I started my journey to healthy hair care and I'm still using it because my hair loves it.
Nutiva - Coconut Oil Organic, 15 oz solid
3. Coconut Oil 
Coconut oil is hands down my favorite hair care oil.  I've used a lot and I keep coming back to coconut oil.  Not only does it penetrate the hair shaft, it also gives amazing shine, plus it can be added into other hair care items like shampoo and conditioner for even more benefits.  Not to  mention, during mid-terms and final times you are going to be aching for a soothing scalp massage and using coconut oil makes it even better!
Plugged In Wet Look Shower CombDenman Cushion Brush Nylon Bristles, 9-Row
4. Jilbere Shower Comb & Denman Brush
You could subsitute these two items for any wide tooth comb for using when shampooing and deep conditioning and detangling and any Doobie brush will work just as well as the denman for wrapping up your hair at night if you wear it straight.
Diane Reinforced Boar Bristle Wave Brush #8159
5. Boar Bristle Brush 
This brush is for the days when you need to smooth out the edges.  If you weren't luckily born with edges that just lay flat without being 'handled' by this type of brush you don't need it!