Skip the Dry Scalp

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Even though I love the Fall, it just means that winter is getting closer.  The season where we're all bundled up, wearing sweaters, scarves, hats, and gloves, cranking up the heat, and it's the time of year that my scalp starts to go a little crazy if left alone.
Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2)
Scalp massages with coconut oil or any other oil you like is a great way to keep your scalp moisturized and flake free.  Not only will the oil soothe the dry skin on your scalp the massaging action is great for relaxation and increasing blood flow to the scalp.
SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter
Another way I try to keep flakes to a bare minimum is to try my best not to over do it on the heat.  The heat in my apartment is super dry heat and that leads to dry skin which also means a dry scalp.  Now, please note I said I try my best because I really love it warm inside when it's cold outside so this really is a hard one for me.  My skin and nose suffer the most so I did buy a humidifier, but I haven't noticed a big difference in my hair because of it but my skin and dry but stuffy feeling nose are way better with it.