Operation Wedding Hair: The Plan

Wednesday, September 14, 2011


I figure I have to have a plan if I'm going to make it to my goal for June 1st.  I'm not going to be changing up my regimen drastically but there will be a few key changes.  Like JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) scalp massages on the regular, when I say on the regular I mean just about daily.  I don't want to scare myself off, but I'm aiming for 6 times a week.  Plus, I'll be exclusively protecting styling for the entire time.  Which means buns, buns, and more buns.

Daily:  
  • Scalp massages using JBCO, focusing on the nape and outside regions of my hair since the middle grows faster.  
  • Moisturize the ends of my hair and seal using an oil 
  • Wear hair in a bun or another style with ends protected 
  • Sleep on satin 
Weekly: 
  • Pre-Poo with a mix of JBCO and Coconut oil overnight & then before shampoo steam it 
  • Shampoo, Condition, & Deep Condition with heat 
  • Rollerset (at the salon) or gentle blow dry (by me) 

Monthly: 
  • Henna Treatments followed by extensive deep conditioning 
The above photo was taken on September 9th, 2011 and will serve as my "start" photo for Operation Wedding Hair!