Comedian Patrice O'Neal Dead From Stroke at 41

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Patrice O'Neal Performing His Comedy Routine
Comedian Patrice O’Neal has died from complications after suffering a stroke last month.

O’Neal was a stand-up comedian who was seen frequently on TV and comedy clubs throughout New York and the rest of the United States.

He was also a fixture on the Opie and Anthony syndicated radio program.

Patrice was last seen on television last September on Comedy Central’s roast of Charlie Sheen, where his own fight with diabetes became a punch line.

O’Neal also appeared in numerous small roles on television including The Office, Scary Movie 4, The Jury, and Arrested Development.



The Boston native was known for his rough comedy and says he frequently had people walk out of comedy clubs saying,

“A lot of people walk out of my show. If I've got 250-300 people in the audience, 20 will walk out. I average about 20 walkouts, which is good. Because everybody else stays, and I love that. That's what comedy is. Not everybody should be laughing at everything at the same time. That's not even natural. My thing is to feel natural, because I don't want to feel like I could just make people laugh at every single joke, every single time, with the same decibel level. I like to be loved or hated - I don't like mediocre. So I'd rather have the entire crowd hate me than to have 90% hate me.”

Charlie Sheen and other celebrities took to twitter and Facebook Tuesday to give O'Neals friends and family their condolences.

RIP Patrice.

Follow @InfoStar on Twitter